Yesterday: 35 degrees. Today: 35 degrees. Real feel: 44 degrees. It’s too hot for a full text. So here is my goodbye to the year 2014 in numbers and fragments.
- the hashtag for celebrating New Year’s Eve in Santos is #SantosNaVirada
- the fireworks in Santos are officially the 2nd biggest of Brazil – after Rio de Janeiro. Here are the numbers:
- 16 minutes of fireworks from
- 6 locations on land and
- 10 boats,
- over 19 tons of fireworks will be launched
- 5 marquees on the beach will be playing music all night
- 3 giant screens will present shows
- 500.000 cars are estimated to arrive in Santos for the festive days bringing
- 1.5 million visitors to the city surpassing the
- 480.000 people who are officially living in Santos causing
- a giant traffic chaos and
- still not having a chance of filling the beach entirely…
I wish everyone a terrific year 2015 with plenty of un-gentrified minds & good stuff coming your way. You deserve it. Don’t let late capitalism burn your soul.
Now the only thing left to do is: chose your underwear carefully, get some flowers and ready to jump the waves.
Bye bye 2014, see you in a better year.